hmihalis1

Hi there everyone, 

I am trying to recreate this shot from shutterstock as accurately as possible in Houdini: 

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-14617168-slow-motion-split-half-underwater-close-up 

Creating the wave I imagine is pretty straightforward, and have done so before using realflow with good results, but the main challenge would be how to handle the thickness of the surface of the water as it intersects the camera, how to render different environments for the under and above water portions, how to handle these (previously I used masking with mixed results), and then secondary elements like the bubbles that form with splashes and the distortion to the above water image caused by water splashing over the camera lens. 

Would ideally like to use redshift to render this, but anything that can go towards achieving a photorealistic result, or any idea or resources anyone might have or can point me towards would be great. I'm a beginner in Houdini but relatively experienced with 3d in general. 

Many thanks, 

H

halfhalf.jpg