How to export UV from Ocean Preview to Maya

I don't have a copy of 16.5 on me, but I believe the workflow for that is the same in recent versions. As an example, drop down the Guided Ocean Layer shelf tool.  In the guided ocean layer initial node, go to the ocean preview node - there is a tab called "Export to Texture". Specify the name/path of the output file, and specify whether you want "Bake All Displacements into one Layer" enabled or disabled. If you have it enabled, then your texture is not tileable; if it is disabled, then you can tile the texture. That should be what you need.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, Midasssilver said:

I don't have a copy of 16.5 on me, but I believe the workflow for that is the same in recent versions. As an example, drop down the Guided Ocean Layer shelf tool.  In the guided ocean layer initial node, go to the ocean preview node - there is a tab called "Export to Texture". Specify the name/path of the output file, and specify whether you want "Bake All Displacements into one Layer" enabled or disabled. If you have it enabled, then your texture is not tileable; if it is disabled, then you can tile the texture. That should be what you need.

Hi Joseph, do you know why the texture is not tileable if "Bake all displacements to one layer" is enabled? And how can I bake the tileable textures if I have more than one ocean specturms and want to bake all of them into one displacement texture? Thank you!