kiryha

Mantra rendering statistics

Posted (edited)

I am rendering a scene in Houdini 17.0.459 with "Render to disk in Background" option and verbose level 5. Where I can find the log file on Windows?

Edited by kiryha

it goes to console that will pop-up as a separate window. you have to enable "output to console" option on rop driver too. it's not enough to dial a number on verbose slider in reder statistics. annoying.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, David, thanks!
A bit confused here... I can`t find "output to console" option. I can`t find the Statistics tab in docs. 

mantra_stat_01.thumb.PNG.50c27541b9324fec729ad417d9a8ffc0.PNG

And after submitting the render I close Houdini to save memory, shouldn`t console window close with Houdini as well in this case? 
Or maybe I render my shots in the wrong way?

Edited by kiryha

Verbose to console flag in Command parameter did not change anything, Console Window did not appear...

hm... it certainly works for me. I remember thou, at some point this was broken and the solution was to force the console pop-up in houdini.env config file. i think the env variable for this is

HOUDINI_WINDOW_CONSOLE = 1

i'm not on windows now so can't test it... check this docs page anyways: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/ref/env.html

• Like 1