Glue bullet

k00l

Hello good people!

Freshly new in Houdini and I am trying to tackle the basics here.

I am trying to break apart a box using voronoi fracture (works) and the add a glue constraint relationship in the dop network (I have failed here utterly). I have spent about two days trying out just about everything I can find or think of and to no avail. I am using an attribute wrangle to add a constraint name to the connected pieces. My constraint network however tells me that the required data is not found or is the wrong type. I am using bullet as my rigid body solver and I have hit a complete brick wall - I just can not get it to work.

I am attaching the .hip file, and I would be immensely grateful if someone could help me understand what I am doing wrong. It seems so simple yet I am completely stuck with this issue. 

Glue issue.hip

Pozdrav Nejc!

So I had a look at your scene, I can't upload the solution but I can tell you something was bugging Houdini. I got it to work fine now. What I did was :

1 . I added a fresh constraintnetwork & glue node in dopnet.

2. I added a "s@constraint_type = "all" in the wrangle before CONSTRAINTS null outside the dopnet

3. I tested if "myGlue" name was bugging, replaced it with another name, but it seems to be working now with your original one.

4. I rearranged the flow of the nodes in your dopnet so it follows more "standard" rules. RBDPacked -> Solver -> Constraint Network -> Merge in ground plane -> Gravity (I don't think it makes much difference but I wanted to be sure)

5. Made sure connectadjacetpieces is actually creating connections between pieces.

Always make your constraint node visible when debugging if it creates glue between pieces as you can see red wires created in your DOPNET when viewing objects in wireframe mode.

I can upload the scene when I get home as I'm on a secured network right now! :)

Edited by char
typo

Pozdrav! ^_^

Thank you for your reply, this did the trick.

No need to upload the file, as this works now.

However, I am a bit confused as to what the s@constraint:type = "all" does and why it is necessary?

In any case, thank you very much for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated! :)

So that specific line just gives the constraint an extra detail how to behave. It can either be "all", "position" or "rotation", I think they are pretty self explanatory.

No problem, glad it worked!