per shader emission AOVs

Hi!

I am totally new to Houdini and just starting to get the hang of it - and I am stuck on one problem.

I have different objects each with a different emission shader applied. 

Is it possible to create a custom emission aov for each shader?

Meaning I'd like to have the emissive direct AND indirect contribution of each shader on all objects - basically a light aov, just for emissive shader.

Using Houdini 16.5 and Mantra.

I'd probably would need to use LPE which is not included in Houdini 16.5 yet if I am not mistaken.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

tr3c00l

Edited by tr3c00l

Thanks for your answer!

But that gives me just the emission color of the emissive objects - and of all emissive objects in 1 AOV, right?

I'd like to have the emissive contribution to the scene from each emission source in a separate AOV.

I think what you are after might be called "indirect emission" in Houdini. On the Extra Image Planes Tab, if you scroll down to the Extra Image Planes parameter and hit the "+". Then in the VEX Variable parameter enter "indirect_emission". I think that might be what you're looking for. To get the emission per object you will have to render them separately. 

Cheers, 

WD