Vellum cloth to rigid metal like material

What is the best approach to make quasi-hard materials like metals from vellum cloth. I am successful with tweaking stretch and bend plasticity values but the grid still feels quite flappy. Help on how to take the soft, cloth like feel out of it to make it feel like a hard metal sheet. I am looking at this as alternative to the RBD approach to creating dent or bending in car crash situation or even metal pillars. Help would be very much appreciated

I presume you have been looking into the struts constraint? Also use weld, as this will update the rest position of your constraints. You might also want to look at constraint iterations and substeps, you need a good amount of iterations to get anything look stiff.

I hooked up substeps and constraint iterations quite good. Got results that would look ok in a mid or far shot. But for a close shot, I got a perfectly stable result using the bullet soft constraint. Thanks for the response