How to move point (particles ) back to their origin place and shape

Hello,

I have an object what I broke with an rbdmaterial fracture then I feed the points into a popnet and add some stuff like wind to move the points. My question is: How can I reset or rebuild or move back the points into their original place and shape like a fast rewind or something.

Thank you 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Looks to me like you basically set it up correctly, but last input  for transformpieces should also be the point representation coming from dop, with timeshift on the rest frame. Also why not do an proper bullet sim with pop wind plugged in?

Thank you for your help. So I should put the timeshift after the transformpieces?  I don't do a bullet sim because I don't know how to set this up in bullet sim. I just playing around with Houdini, but maybe I will try to learn to do this with bullet later. And I think if I set this in bullet it will immediately fall apart. Doesn't it?

The first and third input into your transformpieces is your fractured + packed geometry. Instead, the third input should be the same as the second one, except before you connect it, you also need to drop timeshift and set it to a static frame.

It wont fall down if you dont add gravity? :) Seems to me like your sim is already really broken up by the wind anyway

Oh are you just trying to retime the simulation? in that case you can just delete the expression in the timeshift (after transformpieces) and keyframe your own values, so for example on fr. 1 you set it to 120 and on fr 120 you set it to 1, then it will run it backwards according to that animation.

Thank you :) And what happened if I don't want to just retime it? I mean for example I add a wind to break it up. Then for example a rotating axis force for will bring the pieces back into their original place. :) Is this complicated to set up? As a hobbyist I think since every point have position and rotation I have to take the original point then somehow feed that infos into something which move them into that position, right?