PolyBridge in For-Each Loop

MoltenCrazy

Woo! My first Houdini modeling question!

I've got primitives in an inner and outer shell, created via a Facet node from the original surface polys.

The matching inner and outer primitives have a matching ID attr, and I also know that after a merge that the matching primitive nums are offset by 642 (the number of primitives in each shell).

I want to send the pairs into a For-Each loop and apply a PolyBridge to each piece, getting closed, independent pieces out. Would love to be able to do this with a simple PolyExtrude, but I need them to appear seamless/joined at the edge at rest.

First, does this sound like the way to go for this?

I feel like it's close, I just can't figure out how to get the proper IDs/group names to the PolyBridge tool for each iteration/pair.

MOD_Hex_Offset_01.hiplc

6 hours ago, MoltenCrazy said:

Would love to be able to do this with a simple PolyExtrude, but I need them to appear seamless/joined at the edge at rest

If you would love this just use it. After divide1 sop put a facet SOP node, turn on Pre-Compute Normals and Unique Points. Then you can use a PolyExtrude SOP node with Extrusion Mode - Point Normals + Existing.

Hey, vicvvsh! You're all over my posts. :)  Thanks!

Hadn't considered driving the PolyExtrude extrusion with the normal attr. Got a few other suggestions on the SideFX forums as well, including a Fuse approach.

I've attached a version of the file that shows the different suggestions working as well as the final clustering and shattering test, in case someone else can use it.

If anyone is game, I'd still love to know how to get the PolyBridge version to work in a For-Each loop… :P

--

mC

MOD_Hex_Offset_02.hiplc