Creating a voronoi region without fracturing

You could use the seed output of a voronoi noise in vops or vex.  You could also scatter points as well to define the cell centers, then nearpoint(1, @P); would give you the cell id assuming the points are wired into the second input of the prim or point wrangle.  It will be hard to get sharp cleanly defined cells like that picture with out actually cutting your model unless it's really high res/subdivided.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:51 AM, Bennell said:

I want to use scatter points to create voronoi regions on a mesh similar to the clump map shown in the screen shot. No fracturing. Has anyone done that?

ClumpMap.JPG

.. hi Bennell

i m away from my workstation so here are my two suggestions ;

1- isolate primitives you want to 'fracture' with a group and discard interior geometry . isolated primitives can be used to generate scattered points and fracture only those . ( something similar i used few weeks ago in this digital asset : https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/65999/ )

2- copy primitives you want to 'fracture' in another stream-branch . offset those a little by their Normals ( maybe with a Peak SOP ) . generate scatter points with that and fracture them with the "official_method" . Project those back onto the surface with a Ray SOP )

.cheers