for loop in vop issue

kfu

I want to do a for loop inside vop to update surface points position several times, it seems it always stop work at loop counts 3.

Can anyone kindly open the file and take a look what I'm doing wrong, trying to figure it out all night with no luck :(

forloop.hiplc

You are doing the correct thing, but the result it not that visible after so many iterations.

To check your "blur/smooth" after so many loops, open the geometry spreadsheet panel, and you'll see that the point positions are still changing after 3 loops.

You can also verify by replacing the pig head with a 3x3 grid. 

6 hours ago, dgoubitz said:

You are doing the correct thing, but the result it not that visible after so many iterations.

To check your "blur/smooth" after so many loops, open the geometry spreadsheet panel, and you'll see that the point positions are still changing after 3 loops.

You can also verify by replacing the pig head with a 3x3 grid. 

hi,thanks for checking my file. The thing is when I write the same function in VEX, the result is more visible in 30 loop counts. As for the vop solution, it seems it stopped functioning after several iterations. I will put new file here when I get home.

2 hours ago, anim said:

because Import Point Attribute VOP imports attribute value from the input geometry, not the modified one from previous iteration

Is there a way to do the for loop inside vop,or I need to do the for loop outside the vop?