Large Scale Ocean Simulation with an island

Mildly Confused Kiwi

I'm trying to do an ocean simulation with a static island and sea floor but I can't figure out which Tool I should use (beach tank, Large Ocean, etc) and every tutorial I have found so far is two years out of date and the tools are very different now. If anyone knows of an up to date tutorial around using ocean sims or has some advice on which Tool I should start playing around with for a start I would be incredibly greatful.

Edited by Mildly Confused Kiwi

Hey,

Try to split your island and do multiples beach flip sims and merge them when you mesh all your particles. It enables you to, for example, create 4 beach tanks, set different velocity for each ones and match the direction of the waves for each part of your island. 

Or, if it's on a shot basis, try to do flip simulations per shot and doesn't care about the rest of the island, I guess it would be easier and faster to setup.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2019 at 1:41 AM, DonRomano said:

Hey,

Try to split your island and do multiples beach flip sims and merge them when you mesh all your particles. It enables you to, for example, create 4 beach tanks, set different velocity for each ones and match the direction of the waves for each part of your island. 

Or, if it's on a shot basis, try to do flip simulations per shot and doesn't care about the rest of the island, I guess it would be easier and faster to setup.

Cheers,

Hey,

For your beach tank idea won't the beach tanks have 4 different animations for each of them, after all they are simulations. Or maybe we could blend them somehow.

chrome_M3lqbAW9kr.png