Grouping or creating primIDs for select edges

ChazS

The contours of the pictured font are guides to control the path of a knitting behavior. The idea is based on Entagma's PBD: Dynamic Weave tutorial where one set of contours are targets for the previous one, and so on... Since Manuel uses straight lines and I'm using curves, assigning a primID to each contour is a bit more involved than in the tut (he only has two points per line, whereas there are many more in mine). I'd like to somehow give each contour a unique ID of sorts. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to approach this? I've tried grouping by edges, but it's grabbing every line. And although it's kind of like inviting a vampire into my home, VEX answers are welcome too. Heck anything really :)

Best regards.

houdini_grpQuery.jpg

3 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

Is each contour is one primitive? If so i@primId = @primnum. Else if each contour consist of many then use a poly path sop to get one prim by contour.

Thanks for response. Originally, I was creating these contours with a polyextrude sop and getting prims between each set of points. Which prompted my question. I then switched to a PolyExpand2D sop and didn't realize it creates a single primnum for each contour. Your response was a polite slap on the head to check my spreadsheet and to display primnums in the view window (doh!). I realized then I had what I was after. Your suggestions will now work perfectly. Thank you.