embed external file in hip file

generally, the way to embed stuff in your hip file is locking any node with a red flag. unfortunately, it only seem to work with geometry and not with any image inputs (in COPs or shaders). not sure about the method dgani mentioned - maybe possible but seems to be quite a lenghty way of doing stuff on regular basis :/ anyways lock flag in COPs could be worth RFE...

8 hours ago, davpe said:

maybe possible but seems to be quite a lenghty way of doing stuff on regular basis

not very lengthy, just create one Embedded asset and add all needed textures or any files into Extra files, then reference them as mentioned, you can keep adding more as you need

5 hours ago, anim said:

not very lengthy, just create one Embedded asset and add all needed textures or any files into Extra files, then reference them as mentioned, you can keep adding more as you need

yeah it depends. to me it feels lenghty (and clumsy), especially if there is a one click corresponding function with sop nodes (lock flag). but anyways personally I dont remember ever running into a situation where i needed to embed a picture...

P. S. of course i realize I'm just spoiled ungrateful freak and that it's great you can do it with hda ;)