Align object with a transformed version of itself

AntoineSfx

At some point, I have two branches, containing the same geometry, except that each connected piece on one branch has been rotated somehow in space.

Basically it boils down to this:

one geo , and a topologically identical, rotated version of the same geo.

How do I compute the invert transform ? It's not like I can store the transform at the same time it's applied. It's done in uvlayout (on P) to pack the geometry on a grid, and it doesn't offer the option to store that information

7 hours ago, anim said:

Extract Transform SOP + Transform Pieces SOP

Do you know if there is a list somewhere of friend SOP ? I mean SOPs that have clearly been designed to work with each other ?

I' m using a similar setup all the time: Bound (with oriented bounding box ON + store xform attribute) with a match size (restore xform) downstream

not aware of such list, but it's not all black and white, once you know what each node does, it becomes more obvious what you can combine with what depending on result you are after

like your mentioned Bounds + Match Size can very well be Bounds + Transform By Attrib as that's what you are actually using in that mode