Burrad Bridge,vancouver

Dhiren

Hey all.

I am a student from Vancouver film school.I just started houdini and nuke certification course.

after working for 3 weeks on Houdini i am completely amazed by the powers and controls that houdini gives.Today i am posting a WIP model of Burrad Bridge in Vancouver.this model took me around a week to reach where i am right now.i have been working on some other stuff to which i will be postig in some days.Hope ypu guys like my work.

Crits and Comments are welcome.

Dhiren.

post-1369-1153370128_thumb.jpg

post-1369-1153370176_thumb.jpg

post-1369-1153370216_thumb.jpg

post-1369-1153370262_thumb.jpg

post-1369-1153370313_thumb.jpg

Hey all.

I am a student from Vancouver film school.I just started houdini and nuke certification course.

after working for 3 weeks on Houdini i am completely amazed by the powers and controls that houdini gives.Today i am posting a WIP model of Burrad Bridge in Vancouver.this model took me around a week to reach where i am right now.i have been working on some other stuff to which i will be postig in some days.Hope ypu guys like my work.

Crits and Comments are welcome.

Dhiren.

hey Dhiren.

good stuff.

Isn't it now only "houdini certification"? I took it last time. Just curious.

very nice work

do you plan destroying it?

do you mean will he destroy a real bridge? (hihihi)

:D

---

Val

Hey Zoki.

Thankyou fot the comments.

I plan to blow of this bridge in the later stage of my course.

For now i am goin to complete this model and do texturing and some lighting tests on this one.

Right now i am also working on another model from the series Transformers named Galvatron.

my initial plan was that galvatron blows of the bridge.bit now it all depends if time permits me to finish of that model on time.

But yeah i am goin to blow of this bridge and finally composite it in Nuke.

Dhiren.

Hey Val.

I checked it and yeah now the course is called Houdini certification.

All the best.

Dhiren.

considering that it's about 480 hours of instruction

for an international student price of about 24,000.00 CAN,(20-18,000 us)

that is really not bad .

SCAD was 450 hours for a full year and was closer to 32,000.00 US,

Plus it's very through..

Hey jjstanley.

Thanx man.Good to know that u liked my work.Hope i can soon post updates on this model.

and yeah i totally agree with paint this course is worth every penny spent.

The course fee initially seems to be huge but the amount of knowledge you acquire is tremendous.

So personally i think its worth it.

Dhiren.

I assume you're in Ray Corbett's class? Amazing teacher, groovy dude all around!

Nice to hear, that Ray Corbett is now teaching Houdini. I bought my first student version back in Houdini 4 days from him and was pretty sad when I heard that he wasn't working for SideFX anymore a year later.

Oh and really nice bridge Dhiren :-)

Hey Xionmark.

Thanx dude and yeah i am in Raymond Corbetts class and he is an awesome teacher.

Learning lots of things from him.

Cheers

Hey Frank Firsching.

yeah i am quite lucky that i am attending his class and as i mentioned earlier he is an awesome teacher.

he is completely easy going and he teaches in such a simple manner that its nt hard to understand.

Its gr8 that i am learning houdini under him.

Guest xionmark
Nice to hear, that Ray Corbett is now teaching Houdini. I bought my first student version back in Houdini 4 days from him and was pretty sad when I heard that he wasn't working for SideFX anymore a year later.

Oh and really nice bridge Dhiren :-)

Yea, he's great. I got my first edu license (and HDK license!) from him back in '97 for ver. 2.5. I also took the 2 week "Voxel Bitch" training from Ray at DD last year and loved it! He's a good friend and kind soul (and was my best man at my wedding!). Glad things are happening in Vancouver, good news.

--Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Ray's departure from SESI left a huge hole that frankly, SESI has never managed to fill. I include myself in that statement :) I too only "got" Houdini in version 2 at a class Ray gave in Australia back in the day. He has touched the lives (and launched the careers!) of countless Houdini users, it's wonderful to see him at the VFS working his magic. Say hi from me :)

Cheers,

Peter B

Yea, he's great. I got my first edu license (and HDK license!) from him back in '97 for ver. 2.5. I also took the 2 week "Voxel Bitch" training from Ray at DD last year and loved it! He's a good friend and kind soul (and was my best man at my wedding!). Glad things are happening in Vancouver, good news.

--Mark

• 4 weeks later...
Ray's departure from SESI left a huge hole that frankly, SESI has never managed to fill. I include myself in that statement :) I too only "got" Houdini in version 2 at a class Ray gave in Australia back in the day. He has touched the lives (and launched the careers!) of countless Houdini users, it's wonderful to see him at the VFS working his magic. Say hi from me :)

Cheers,

Peter B

Just to chime in, it was that way for me too. :) It was because Ray responded back to me really quickly that I gave Houdini a try and, well, the rest is history. :) And to top it off, Ray was pretty patient with me too at the time.

Hey Friends.

I know it has been a long time since posted nething on this thread.

I had been working on modeling galvatron from the transformer series.But now i am back and i will be posting updates on this Bridge model as soon as possible.Right now i am working towards completing both my models.The galvatron model is made in houdini too.

Thanx for the support that you guys have given me.

and hey TheUsualAlex as always Ray is one of th best teachers I have known.

Look forward to the updates.

Dhiren.