Evenly Distributed Hexagons On A Object

mel

Hi, 

I've been trying to generate an even hexagon tile on an object but unfortunately, I couldn't achieve the look I want. Either the hexagons are different size when I project them onto the surface of an object or some of them stretches. I know that even-sized hexagons can be created on a grid or a sphere but how about on a car mesh? I have some approaches that work fairly but not completely. I'd really appreciate if I can get any help on this subject. 

Here is a cool trick that will work just for hexagons. Use a remesh node to turn your mesh into nice even triangles, then use the divide node with "compute dual" checked. Instant hexagons!

Edit: Well, never mind. I guess that makes some pentagons too. Oh well...

Edited by KarlRichter

11 hours ago, konstantin magnus said:

Hi Melis, how about combining these two methods:

Hexagon patterns: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/49509/?page=1#post-276316

Pattern projection: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/60740/?page=1#post-272057

Hi Konstantin, Thanks for your great suggestion ! However, When I follow those techniques and combined them together,  the edges are getting cut. The surface is not fully consist of hexagons. It's not like the perfect evenly distributed hexagon grid. I'm trying to get a hexagon surface on a car geo, but I'm still not completely achieving what I want.