drop node on wire

I would like to drop the sort node on the wire going out from connectivity5, so that sort1 captures the left output of c5. Graph would be: c5 -> sort1 -> {left node, right node}

I have a feeling it used to be the default behavior. How do I do that ? 

sort.png.4360f88fc0d9f56a1fd38667867980f7.png

Edited by AntoineSfx

It definitely did used to be the normal behavior. I believe they had to dump it for the new MMB options on nodes with multiple outputs. I'd really like to see it come back. Unless someone can chime in with the name of the preference (if there is one), I think it's just gone...

• Like 1

Thanks for confiming that I didn't made that up.. I wasn't totally sure TBH... This is the kind of behavior that you don't really notice until it's gone.

So I did read the documentation for the current version, and here are a few other ways:

1/ right click on an output, and insert a new node: it will be wired to all the node previously connected to that output.

2/ alt click to create a dot, then gather the wires by moving the dot. It will create a wire upstream from the dot where you can drop a node with the expected connectivity.

Edited by AntoineSfx

20 minutes ago, AntoineSfx said:

2/ alt click to create a dot, then gather the wires by moving the dot. It will create a wire upstream from the dot where you can drop a node with the expected connectivity.

That's what I've been doing since 17.5. Still kind of a bummer though. You're right, you don't miss it until it's gone!