How can I create linked channels on a parm using python?

zrags

I'm trying to create and customize a node through a python script. I'm adding parms using the hou.parmTemplate() class and for one of the parameters I need to edit the Channel tab (see below).

I can't seem to find anything in the python documentation on how to do this; anybody know what the best solution would be?

Thanks!

image.png.33b25666562d1f644150cc9d4531bb7b.png

Hi,

if you set the parm expression to link to the parm of your liking, then Houdini should add the linking automatically. (Make sure to refresh/reopen the Edit Parm Window after executing this to see the new linked channels in the Channel tab.) 

hou.node("/obj/geo").parm("parm_to_be_linked").setExpression("ch('parm_to_drive_link')")

Cheers,

Luca

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:43 AM, LucaScheller said:

Hi,

if you set the parm expression to link to the parm of your liking, then Houdini should add the linking automatically. (Make sure to refresh/reopen the Edit Parm Window after executing this to see the new linked channels in the Channel tab.) 

hou.node("/obj/geo").parm("parm_to_be_linked").setExpression("ch('parm_to_drive_link')")

Cheers,

Luca

Thanks! This was exactly what I needed.

• Like 1