Vellum patches and UVs

christianl013

Hi Guys, I am making a shot where I have a vellum source emitting thousands of cloth patches into a tube. The source geo has UVs and seems to be textured properly in Houdini, However I have to 

export this system to another DCC for rendering at my studio. When I did the export (abc) and apply a material to the export the material does not go on like it did in Houdini. I ensured that the UVs were exported

when I did the export but it would seem that this does not work the same. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to do something else to get the UVs to transfer properly? Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks. 

Best, Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Uvs as points don't sound like a proper fix as most geo can't hold uvs on points

We've experienced issues with Vray proxy and .abc couple of years ago, where uvs were messed up or missing for geo with changing topology in merged .abc files 

The workaround solution was to export .abc per frame and read it that way as proxy. Not sure if it was fixed since then, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are hitting the same issue