CHOPS question

Adam Ferestad

I am working on an audio driven animation using a spectrum and trying to pump up my higher frequency spectrum so it activates as much as the bass lines, but I am struggling with a method.  I am currently trying to use a Trim to cut out the lower register, then use a math node to multiply the values, then add them back in.  Unfortunately the Trim node is setting the area outside the Trim section to an extension of the minimum and maximum values, but when I try to add the output of my Math node back into the original spectrum it is adding this in too, which is causing a stair step in the channel that I definitely do not want.

image.thumb.png.3b9dfaacdbbf7f5ac11b36eafb94889d.png

It works beautifully, except for this one glitch.  Help?

I was able to get a solution working by figuring out how to use the Wrangle node right.  I didn't know that I needed to use the I and V variables, once I figured that out, everything came together pretty easily.  Still trying to figure out how to use a ramp to affect the sampling range, but it isn't entirely necessary as I was able to just use some math to scale things smoothly.