Wind from rotating fan

art3mis

Can anyone suggest how you might go about simulating invisible wind from a rotating fan?

My goal is to make the wind force influence other geometry and also  an existing smoke simulation.

In my limited understanding I think this means one simulation influencing a second one.
I also need to make it as physically accurate as possible so that the faster the fan rotates, the greater the wind velocity and turbulence.

Is this an impossible task for Houdini? Will I need to 'fake' it (ie single simulation, NOT physically accurate so that the rotating fan isn't advecting anything)?

How might you approach this?

giphy.gif.4d3ce23098b9183478a52200ced5fd91.gif

Theres an additional input atop the solver for a external velocity force. I mean you could try running both simulations simultaneously and having them interact but.. if you're not really looking for anything visible from the van velocity then I Would just cache the directional velocity of the fan sim and use it as a force in the following smoke simulation and rbd sims. 

Edited by Feather