Help with an Expression for Modelling

RustyMac2020

Hi all

I am currently working on a feasibility test in order to build up some understanding of procedural modelling, I have a question regarding expressions in Houdini today, I have received great help from artists in the community which I am very grateful for, thus has helped me get this far, the new question I have is, I would like to delete all the lampposts based on the location of a building box I am using to represent a futuristic house, this box will be a model of a house and will have details like windows and doors later on, with this in mind, am I better of using a proxy box over my model which deletes the lamppost inside the box's radius or is this possible with the actual asset itself?, I have attached an image of what I mean including the current expression within the delete node thank you 

Kind Regards

Ahmet.B

Illustration_Example.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 02/11/2019 at 11:52 PM, jeremiah said:

Hey Ahmet, is your lampposts copied to a template of points? If that's the case, simply use group sop to group points with object ( your "building box") and delete points by its group. Cheers,

Hi Jeremiah; sorry for the late reply, I managed to sort it out. I wanted to learn a bit of programming hence why I chose this weird way of producing the same result. Thank you for your input it is well appreciated.