Houdini Engine in 3d max does not work

iskan

Houdini Engine in 3d max does not work. Non-training version, SideFX Houdini FX 17.5.39. When loading an hda file, the Houdini Engine in 3D max does not respond. Who knows how to fix it?

Безымянный.png

Edited by iskan

15 hours ago, Noobini said:

01) if you want the engine to start up automatically every time Max starts, in Option, tick the box "automatically start"

02) to start manually, in Session config, click Start Session.....does this work ?

No, it does not work.
Installed Max 2018, installed May 19.1, then installed SideFX Houdini 17.5.391 Win x64. In May, the Houdini Engine was not found at all, and Max was not active. I load hda, but it does not react to anything.
The site says https://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini-engine/plug-ins/3ds-max-plug-in/
"" 2. Install and Load the Plug-in
Once you have downloaded the installer, run it in your chosen operating system and be sure to check the 3ds Max plug-in during installation. The next time you run 3ds Max, you will find a Houdini Engine menu and you will be able to load assets from the stack. "" - I do not know how to do this.
Installed like this:

Безымянный2.png

Безымянный6.png

Edited by iskan

19 minutes ago, iskan said:

I clicked on the Start Session button does not help, can you show how you do it?

after you clicked on Start Session, back on the 1st tab a few 'default' HDAs should become active. I'm off my main PC now so can't show you, will do tomorrow.

see this vid here at the start, after the Session was Started, on the 1st tab, several HDAs are avail for you to use

Edited by Noobini

2 hours ago, Noobini said:

also, just to be clear...you are NOT using Apprentice, right? You need at least Indie to have a working H engine.

I watched this video, hda do not become active. I installed SideFX Houdini 17.5.391.

Безымянный11.png

Безымянный10.png