Shared Copy/paste Hip script Buffer shared in workgroup with all houdini sessions and users

Happy new year lady and gentlemen! 

Happy new year Sidefx! 

Here's something i used in some studios and im actually quite missing.  So far some little coding out of my actual reach is needed , but could someone help me to do this please?

The basic idea is to have a shared script hip text buffer between all houdini running session from the same or different users. So if i copy my network nodes in my session, another person in my team could paste this group on node in his houdini session.

All will go by script text copy, like when you drag and drop a network to your custom shelf.... Does it make sense to you? 

Cheers,

Vincent*

I've done scripts like this in the past. It doesn't really involve much coding. Each users clipboard is stored as cpio files in your temp folder. One for each context. something like this:

/tmp/houdini_temp/OBJ_copy.cpio

Then all the code you need is just something that takes one users cpio files and stores them somewhere where it's available to other users.

So what I've done in the past is to make two shelf tools. One that copies the users current cpio files into a shared folder somewhere on the network, in a subfolder for each username.

Then another shelf tool that pops up a list of all the users, so you can choose who's clipboard you want to load. Then that tool just does the reverse; copies the cpio files from the shared folder back into the temp folder. I'm not sure how good a practice this is, but it does the job. It's two short scripts and quick to set up

Edited by ophamletsen