Scatter pscale changes every frame!

Hey, I have a very frustrating issue. 

I have an alembic that I have scattered points onto and managed to get them to stick in place. 

The problem is now the random values I have assigned to these points i.e pscale, change every frame. Does anyone have an idea how resolve this, please? 

Thanks 

Andy 

Capture.JPG

Your scatter is operating on time dependent geometry so probably producing different results every frame and also making your attribinterpolate sort of useless

Make sure to frame hold your geo before scatter

If your geo is just deforming, attribinterpolate will make sure points stick to corresponding prims

okay thanks! 

So I need the particles to stick on the deforming geo but also for the values to stick to the particles i.e pscale. 

I used an attribute transfer from a held frame after the interpolate not sure it is working tho. 

thanks 

Thank you so much anim!

I'm learning a lot! 

I think i have worked out the problem tho.

I basically am trying to delete points outside the FOV to make it run faster. The problem is that this seems to change the point number so it starts flashing all over the place. 

Any ideas of how I can trim point outside the FOV without changing the actual point data? 

Thanks 

Andy 

Delete them after attribinterpolate as before they are not in the correct position relative to the camera anyway

Alternatively store unique @id attribute on points before deleting, then after deleting this attribute value will not change so you can use it as a seed for attribute randomize nodes which will then produce stable values per point