pyro detail

evanrudefx

Hello!

Does anyone have any good idea for getting lots of detail in pyro simulations on the flame field?  It seems like no matter what micro solvers I use I always arrive at the same amount of detail. After cranking up microsolvers like gas disturb with crazy values, they eventually just seem to do nothing (making sure I dont have the noise size smaller than division size). But this problem only really seems to happen for the flame field. If I do a density only sim I can make it really detailed. Look at my to photos. Basically same sim, just 1 on flame field and the other 1 on density. It seems like the flame field is getting some smoothing or something the density field isn't.

density.PNG

flame.PNG

1 hour ago, tamagochy said:

Use temperature field to create flame. Combine with heat and noises postsim if needed.

whats the benefit of using temperature over the flame field? Also I don't think sparse pyro has the rest fields needed for post sim noise. 

edit: I am referring to sparse solver. It doesn't use heat, just temp and flame/burn.

Edited by ejr32123