Advecting curves help

kitsch

Hi,

So i'm trying to reproduce this effect, just for fun:

So he says in the comments it's a bunch of curves resampled every frame. I can do that and it works fine. But i'm lost on two things: the actual shape of the curves (how to make them more bubbly), and it looks like they have some kind of collisions, since they do not intersect much and mines do it a lot (he also says, there's no vellum). For the shape i've tried using the "curveu" attribute to give it the bubbly shape, but it's not quite the same. This is as far as i got, wich is a cool result but not exactly what i'm aiming for. Obviously there's room to play with the pyro sim so the lines get advected in different ways, but there's something else that i'm missing, so any pointers are greatly appreciated.

advectedcurve_test.hipnc

Hi, cool setup! Seems like your particles don't avoid each other so I added a "pop interact" nod in your popnet and since pop interact needs particle scale to work right I moved your "shape_curves1" wrangle upstream before the popnet and just added @pscale = @width. So far I see no obvious intersections.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

advectedcurve_test.hipnc

So adding a mountain node and subdividing it got me a similar enough shape. What i'm struggling now is with the collision. 

How do you think it's the best way to go about it? I tried using a multisolver with a RBD/vellum solver to no avail...