Tutorial: Pipeline Houdini And Zbrush

LEO-oo-

A few people have ask about the workflow Houdini<>ZBrush - here is a ZPipeline-Tutorial.

The ZIP with a PDF:

houdini_zbrush_displacement_v1.zip

The shaders (displacement and surface with bump):

zbrush_shader.zip

To load the shaders: Switch to the shaders (SHOP) or the VEX-builder - open the palette-window (Alt+g or menu 'Tools/Shader Palette ...'). Unpack the ZIP and load the shaders from the directory with the .palette-files - import the shader for the displacement-map (use 'Drag&Drop').

The sample-geometry and the displacement-map by Pixologic @ ZBrushCentral

Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome.

P.S. Thanks to MatrixNAN and DaJuice for the input!

Maybe this could go onto the odwiki? If not, please place a link on the tutorials page. Thanks!

The problem that I've found over the years from being on the forum is that it seems hard for newbies to find the information that we've gone through before. Often myself, I will try to find that post for someone new only to discover that I can no longer find it again. So I think the way to go is to try to organize all this knowledge on the odwiki.

Maybe this could go onto the odwiki? If not, please place a link on the tutorials page. Thanks!

Oh, I heartily agree! Give this document the spark of life and recreate the tutorial on the OdWiki; someone'll make sure it stays up to date then and it'll make it searchable too.

I'll ask Marc to enable uploads on the Wiki tomorrow; we shut down uploads during the Great Hacks of early 2006.

Thanks for the tutorial, btw :)

@Edward and Jason

You are right. I will add this to the wiki. Jason - please anable the picture-upload. There is an document for Houdini/ZBrush with an empty picture. I can rework this wiki-document or should I start a fresh in the tutorial-section?

P.S Thanks for the comments!