How to use Shadow Matte Houdini ?

Shiv_97

Hello there,

Shadow matte does work, ofc.

Depends on what you're trying to achieve. It's kind of hard to understand your post.

shadow matte will "hole" out (alpha = 0) the object and what's behind it, but still receive the shadows cast onto it. You won't see the shadow as it might be black on black, but it will be there, in the alpha channel.

post a example hip if you need more help.

• Like 1

Hey Shiv,

it is an empty file. You need to realize that what is on your local drive ( D:/LIVE_ACTION/Import/...)

IS NOT ON MY LOCAL DRIVE too !  :)

when I say empty, I mean that I can only see your network of nodes, but all nodes point to something I don't have (your .obj and alembic).

they are not included in the .hip file when you save. For that you would need to lock the nodes and the size of the hip file might jump up depending on the amount of geometry...

All this to say that the file you uploaded here is not helpful at all.

Why would you think that waiting is going to make a difference ? :)

As I said before, if you search a little, you'll find all the info on the web or even here on the forum.

OR, make a little drawing to explain what you are trying to achieve. I don't understand it from your screen shot either. sorry : /

Edited by 6ril