Distort Color through Points

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to set up some procedural masking in VOPs, similar to a setup I use in Maya often.  I'll plug in triplanar textures into the ambient occlusion or curvature nodes, and it spreads the soft gradient into something more textural.

I'd like to add color to an object through a curvature node, and then push/pull distort that color based on a noise.  I had done a setup before where I use turbulent noise to distort UV space, which gives me the effect I'm looking for.  However, for what I'm trying to do now, I'd like to not use any UV's and only use point color data.

Can someone help with how I could either plug a noise into the "Blur Amount" of my "Measure Curvature" SOP node, and get a similar effect?  Or it would be great if I could use the color coming from the curvature node, and distort it in a similar way within my Attribute VOP.  I've got limited knowledge, but am trying to learn more about this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've been trying math nodes to mix the two, but I've not gotten the desired effect.

Thanks!  Let me know if I can provide more info.

distorttest3.hiplc

1_maya.jpg

2_maya.jpg

houdiniVop.JPG

Thanks Librarian, those links got me so much closer!  The link from exp-points sent me down a better path.  I tried making multiple noises and multiplying together in addition to the curvature.  Also trying mixing some curvature and AO together and distorting them a bit with noise.  Definitely better than what I started with, but I'm sure my node graph is just ridiculous, and so many of my steps are probably unnecessary.  I'm getting the feeling I could have done almost all of this within one attribute vop?  Also, the end result is still not quite up to par with what I'm hoping for.

If anyone knows some better methods, or any more links to some info on a related subject, that'd be awesome.  In then end I'm trying to make a mask to scatter points on that I would instance some Debris/leaves/trash/pebbles onto.  I'll post my trashy .hip if anyone wants to tear it to shreds.

houdinivops3.JPG

distorttest4.hiplc