Attribute only read on first frame - DOPS

starion83

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping this is a super easy one, and I'm just missing something simple.

I'm reading in an attribute into a vellum sim, to use it as a falloff for some forces.

The problem is it's only reading the attribute on the first frame. I'd like to be able to read in these attributes every frame, to adjust the falloff.

I've attached the hip to illustrate the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

AttributeUpdateDOPs.hiplc

This is how DOPs works in general... you define initial conditions in SOPs, and then the simulation runs independently of the SOPs timeline.

If you want to update attributes from SOPs during a simulation, use either a SOP Solver or a Geometry Wrangle in your DOP network. SOP Solvers are potentially a bit slower but give you the full range of SOP tools... just object merge in whatever stuff you need from your SOP timeline and whatever's got the display flag will be put back into the Geometry data of your simulation. Geometry Wrangles are all VEX but if all you're doing is pulling attributes from matching geometry in SOPs, just set the Inputs tab so that the first input is "myself" and the second input is your SOP geometry, and then you can use it like any other wrangle to copy your values over.

• Thanks 1

Hey Henry,

I've recently downloaded MOPs, thanks for creating such an amazing toolkit!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give this a try. 

This problem actually just came up today because I couldn't work out how to get the MOPs object falloff node to work with geo instead of packed primitives. Is there a way to do this

Edited by starion83

9 minutes ago, starion83 said:

Hey Henry,

I've recently downloaded MOPs, thanks for creating such an amazing toolkit!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give this a try. 

This problem actually just came up today because I couldn't work out how to get the MOPs object falloff node to work with geo instead of packed primitives. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again

MOPs Falloff nodes work fine with regular geo. If you're having trouble getting it to work, feel free to email your HIP or a repro of the issue to henry@motionoperators.com.