ragdoll fluid interaction possible?

jackassol

Hey guys, is there any way to get ragdolls interacting with flip fluids? 

I was trying to let some crowd agents to float on on the fluid surface with no luck.

They usually started to explode and fall sport when they hit the surface.

Whats the best workaround there? Is that even possible ?

best jack.

Hi there Jack,

I just stumbled on the "fluid force" node a second ago and the description makes it seem like it does what you want

What solver are you using?

I haven't done much solid, flip interaction but last time I did so I needed to turn up the feedback scale on the flip solver "volumeMotion/solver/feedackScale"

All the best Lucy

Hi I had a quick look but i'm afraid i'm not too familiar with crowds. The water does seem to be having an effect on the agent though just not the other way

My guess is that the form of geometry that the crowd simulation exports is not recognised by flip but I could be wrong. If that is the case you could try grabbing geometry from the agent sim, converting it to polygons, and making it collide with the fluid in a static solver

Best of luck anyways

• Like 1

Hello. Has your problem been solved? Because recently in the process of testing. I want to know why the traditional rigid body type of rbdobject is used. Open the feedback of the flipsolver solver. It can float on the water. But the effect is not good. And I found that the rigid body of rbdpackedobject type does not work. Please help me see this problem.