Kinks in stretchy flip sim

starion83

Hi all!

I've got a stretchy flip sim, which is for the most part working as I'd like. It's a fluid that is being pulled apart with stretchy bands being formed. 

However I'm finding that when the bands become too thin, they begin to kink in a strange way, like in the attached image. 

I suspect this is something to do with the high surface tension in the simulation. I've tried may different adjustments to the settings, including upping the particle count, and substeps, but without any luck,

Any advice or steer in the right direction to resolve this would be hugely appreciated!

David

Annotation 2020-05-07 134758.jpg

4 hours ago, Whatsinaname said:

Hm...how about some attribute blur on P...?

Hey Ernest, thanks for the suggestion.

I did try this, which seemed to thin out the fluid, but not really address the kinks that are appearing in the finer strands of fluid. Whereas I'd like to keep the volume to the strands, but keep their stretching more stable.

2 hours ago, Diego A Grimaldi said:

Ernest suggestion could work

I'm also thinking maybe post sim have a geo object there where u wanna fix the kinks (like a tube) and ray them down or xyzdist them out

Thank you Diego, I'll look into this also. 

However I fee like there must be a way of keeping the simulation more stable. This behavior doesn't seem natural, so i expect it must have something to do with a parameter adjustment. 

I've tried a few different things now, but without any luck. I'll keep tinkering and see if I can get a more accurate result