Gas turbulence to not affect near emitter

zjie

Hi guys, I'm trying to achieve this effects that the gas turbulence will not affect area near the emitter. However the method that I'm using, is to create a volume mask at the geometry level and merge it with the emitter source, using the mask as the control field for gas turbulence, but this is very slow to sim as my gas resize field dynamic will not work anymore. Is there a more efficient way or perhaps create this volume mask in dop level instead? 

Capture.thumb.PNG.8dc3faa35772b6119d044eacb6284562.PNGcontrolfield_0078.thumb.jpg.8e12bdcf8d284f8c7f88c59aea9d565f.jpg

controlfield.mov

controlField_v001.hip

Edited by zjie

hi,

i checked your file. Uncheck track by object it will expand to much your domain then u can add your field as you did. It s better to work at sop level for this kind of smoke by putting your dop object directly in your object rather than outside.

Also you need to set a size and center for your smoke object to initialize it.

controlField_v002.hiplc

by default the gas resize only resize legacy field of the pyro solver like density, temperature. If you are adding a personnal field you need to tell houdini to resize it as well. Either it will be a 1x1x1 cube.

The +1 frame starts to resize the sim after the sourcing. So you source first then you resize. Either your fields will collapse because there is no density in the simulation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k2p8 said:

by default the gas resize only resize legacy field of the pyro solver like density, temperature. If you are adding a personnal field you need to tell houdini to resize it as well. Either it will be a 1x1x1 cube.

The +1 frame starts to resize the sim after the sourcing. So you source first then you resize. Either your fields will collapse because there is no density in the simulation.

Got it, thanks for the explanation