subdivide fracture for vellum collision

starion83

Hi everyone,

I have a simple fracture simulation that I would like to use as collision geo in a vellum sim. However as vellum is particle based, and the collision geo is very low poly, I need to somehow increase the geo subdivisions for the fracture sim geo.

I've looked at using the subdivide node, but this doesn't seem to work. I'm hoping this is a simple one and I'm just not aware of the right node to drop in!

Thanks in advance!

Glass.hiplc

5 minutes ago, starion83 said:

However as vellum is particle based, and the collision geo is very low poly

Vellum collisions are not particle based so you shouldn't have any issue colliding against faces or edges however low poly your geo is

3 minutes ago, anim said:

Vellum collisions are not particle based so you shouldn't have any issue colliding against faces or edges however low poly your geo is

Hey thanks for the fast reply Tomas, it sounds like I've misunderstood how vellum works! I thought that it was particle based (not sure where I've picked this up...)

This would explain why vellum sim is only colliding with the geo points from the fracture sim, which is why I'm trying to subdivide it further. But it sounds like there is another way?

10 minutes ago, starion83 said:

This would explain why vellum sim is only colliding with the geo points from the fracture sim

it actually wouldn't,  as by default vellum should collide with faces, but I don't see any vellum setup in your file so it's difficult to pinpoint your problem if the hip file doesn't show it

13 minutes ago, anim said:

it actually wouldn't,  as by default vellum should collide with faces, but I don't see any vellum setup in your file so it's difficult to pinpoint your problem if the hip file doesn't show it

Sorry Tomas that last file didn't include the Vellum sim. I've attached it again.

Also here is a screen cap of what's happening. The vellum is colliding only with a few points from the fracture rbd sim

5ec56f47329cb_Annotation2020-05-20135610.thumb.png.5aa4c2799d50138d4e41c0ddfb315390.png

GlassAndVellum.hiplc