What options do I have to automatically save individual results of a for each loop?

File SOP for example as that can automatically write when cooked

or if you have enough ram for the geo you are processing you can gather the results and split them out as individual frames or wedges

Edited by anim

I meant File SOP, but sure File Cache SOP has file SOP inside so as long as the mode is promoted should work as well

you add iteration number the same way as you vary any parameter based on iteration, for example creating spare input referencing Block Begin in Fetch Metadata mode and adding something like this in the filename:

$HIP/geo/$HIPNAME.$OS.`detail(-1, "iteration", 0)`.$F.bgeo.sc

but also judging from your screenshot you may be able to do it easier by just Blast SOP, keeping a single piece per frame, do your processing and save the sequence using $F, so that each frame will be different piece processed

I was hoping to leave the frames for the animation, the initial example for the question is an animation with 240 frames and I want to save each animation coming out of each item in the loop.

But now I realise that the File SOP doesn't have the option to save frame ranges.

Edited by anicg

10 minutes ago, anicg said:

I was hoping to leave the frames for the animation, the initial example for the question is an animation with 240 frames and I want to save each animation coming out of each item in the loop.

But now I realise that the File SOP doesn't have the option to save frame ranges.

oh, if it's animated then yes, you can keep the For Each Setup, it will save any frame that cooks, so make sure you have $F somewhere in the path name

but this is all because you asked directly about foreach loop way to do it, which is more workaround than production solution

what you should really look at is TOPs and wedging, that's the way to go

Edited by anim