Manipulate color on solid sphere

Hello,

My simulation topic is a bit science-related. But the model idea is simple.

I want to have a sphere that is not empty inside, I do not know is I should use a vbdfrompoly node or a volume node, if using volume, what parameter should I adjust to give sphere a solid interior?

Then, I would like to give a ramp color based on the distance from the center of the sphere, which is changing from dark to light from the centre to the surface of the sphere, so this needs my sphere to be seen through, I do not know should I use alpha or any other parameter to achieve this visual effect.

Lastly, I would like the overall color darkness to change based on my data, the more bigger my data is, the darker the overall color is, so my first thought is to use fit01 to fit the column of data I have, but how to change the overall color's darkness based on the data is my question.

Thanks in advance! If you can only answer partial of my question, please help!

Hi Catherine,

to get a ramp from the center outwards simply measure the length of the position vector. A sphere would be shaped when this vector reaches a certain radius.
In order to darken the sphere you would multiply your normalized data with the existing voxel values.

volume_sphere.hipnc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, konstantin magnus said:

Hi Catherine,

to get a ramp from the center outwards simply measure the length of the position vector. A sphere would be shaped when this vector reaches a certain radius.
In order to darken the sphere you would multiply your normalized data with the existing voxel values.

volume_sphere.hipnc

Thanks so much! Feel like I learned something~