vex precision problem

evanrudefx

hello, I am having a problem, but it almost seems more like a glitch. I have an attribute called "distance" on the curve. I am deleting points based on distance. The point's value that is circled is 0.087. I say to delete anything greater then 0.087, but for some reason that point gets deleted too. It's acting like I said equal to or greater than. I am also including a photo from my actual scene. If I set the value to 0.088 instead of 0.087 some how it works. Any help is welcomed

(hip at bottom)

blast.jpg

blast2.jpg

blast3.jpg

curve.hiplc

Edited by ejr32123

2 minutes ago, Aizatulin said:

Hi,

If you turn on full precision in spreadsheet, you can see the distance is slightly greater than 0.087, but if you add a small value on your threshold it should work (something like 1e-6).  

image.thumb.png.9d3aa2af29f521ca72e969b340435099.png

ooh, thanks, I didnt know I had to turn on full precision

Usually these are effects of numerical inaccuracy. Even if your input value is 0.087, the calculated value can be slightly greater or less, and the floating representation for 0.087 is not exactly 0.087.

In your case, the difference seems ok. It is around 1e-8, which is near the the float machine epsilon.

Check my example, there is a similar effect.

clip_0087.hipnc

• Like 1