overwrite Mantra's render properties on Geometry node

hi, I try to optimize Mantra rendering.  This example is about glass object, so try to apply for high sampling and more refract Limit. To do it, I attached render properties from edit parameter interface in a Geometry node, as a screen capture showing. However, a rendering image seems to ignore and nothing reflected by the parameters. So far;

- pixel Samples and refract Limit are not working.

- Geo Time samples is succeeded to overwrite.

I wonder if I am missing something else, or actually we can only overwrite some limited parameters.

renderProperty.jpg

Edited by tagosaku

Geo Time Samples and Refract limit should work per Object, did you try it properly (like setting reftact limit to 0)?

Pixel Samples can't be overriden per object, as Mantra is not aware beforehand of which objects are within the pixel and how many samples would potentially hit it 

>> Refract limit should work per Object, did you try it properly (like setting refract limit to 0)?
I tried Mantra's refract limit to 0, and Geometry's refract limit to 4, but my glass object never get transparency/refraction until Mantra's one set to 3 or 4. Besides, I might need to set higher refract Limit on Mantra, and set low Limit per Geometry nodes.

>>Pixel Samples can't be overridden per object
Then Houdini should not have such a parameter option, lol

25 minutes ago, tagosaku said:

>>Pixel Samples can't be overridden per object
Then Houdini should not have such a parameter option, lol

you still need to have that property on Mantra ROP node to tweak it, without it the default 3x3 would be used, the fact that it's added by default may seem like it's not a render property

but you can also put it on camera to override pixel samples per camera

Edited by anim

I think, in the list at your picture, there are always listed all possible parameters that can be attached to all kinds of objects. You can do some obviously not working attempt, like adding some light related parameter to a geometry object. That's not applicable (you can still add it but it will just sit there doing nothing - as anim already pointed out). And that's what I think you did with pixel samples parameter, and perhaps with refract depth parameter too (never tried). Those are only applicable to a Mantra ROP, not to geometry node. Others may be only applicable opposite way (render visibility for instance doesn't really make much sense to Mantra ROP), or are applicable both ways (Shading quality, ray samples...). I agree it's confusing you can add parameters that aren't applicable to a particular object type (often can be hard to guess).

Edited by davpe