Activate Grains By Geometry of an Animated Character???

Rodman2017

i m still new to Houdini its been a month now, and I have hit a wall

I m Currently trying to animate a character walking on sand and I want to use the Characters Geometry to activate the Grains.

Problems:

1.  I tried Importing an FBX Character and using its geometry as a source to activate the Grains....not working

2. I tried Importing an Alembic Character and using its geometry as a source to activate the Grains....still not working

On either Case the grains continue to fall they do not SLEEP.......

Please advice on best practices or please refer to tutorials

well since it's your one and only post so far, I would say post your file because:

- it shows your genuine effort in doing things yourself

- it saves other ppl having to try and mock up a file that magically matches your scenario.

- you don't come off as a parasite treating this forum as a free air tasker website, you know....wah wah wah..I want this and this and

this and no, you're not allowed to look at my file..but you are supposed to give me a fully working file.........for FREE....:blink:

yeah ppl might say I'm rude, abrasive....what ever....can't be bothered with those comments anymore.

So if I see you struggle with whatever task at hand (ie. your file), then I'm more inclined to help.

(don't stress, lots of ppl here are friendly, me i'm just usually grumpy)

Edited by Noobini