how to access collision data of DOP network for a geometry Wrangle node and sopSolver

tagosaku

hi, I am looking for how to access collision data of DOP network for a geometry Wrangle node and sopSolver.

This example is that I try to delete fluidParticle if it's inside of collision. I know I can delete it in SOP level in advance, but this point is I want to know how to access collision data in DOP network, and delete particles in dop network.

I attached an example file. It would be great to show me how to write wrangle and how to create sopSolver network.

Thanks in advance! 

deleteInsideOfCollision.hiplc

2020-08-20 18_41_37-.jpg

2020-08-20 18_41_38-.jpg2020-08-20 18_41_40-.jpg2020-08-20 18_41_39-.jpg

Edited by tagosaku

you can sample the proxy volume instead of trying to grab DOPs data: /obj/animed_collsion/VDB
if(volumesample(0,0,@P)<0)removepoint(0,@ptnum);

also you can sample this input as SOP: /obj/AutoDopNetwork:flipfluidobject/collision
that's the DOP data imported in SOP level, not sure that's very efficient though

Edited by bunker

In the Geometry Wrangle case, you can set up a Field Binding to access the value of the collision volume in the wrangle. Go to the "Data Bindings" tab, add a Field Binding for the "collision" field and set the VEX parameter to "sdf". In your wrangle code, remove the f@sdf = volumesample(...) line (since @sdf is now already bound for you). Also, change @sdf>0 to @sdf<=0 because, well, DOPs uses a different convention for designating where the "inside" of a collision volume is.

As for the sop solver case, you can duplicate the existing dop_geometry node and change its Geometry Data Path to "collision" to read the collision field as a volume. You'll still need to add a wrangle to check if a point is inside or outside of the collision volume though.

Edited by ziconic
  • Like 1