Deform Series Of Geomerty

MENOZ

hi all, i'm new to houdini and to this forum.

i tried to serach into the forum but i didn't get found anything.

so.. maybe my method could be not right, but i found this way to go.

I have a robot model, so no soft skinning is required, i just want to parent each piece of geometry to his bones. so i have many geomety operators with pieces of geometry that i will parent to the bones at the OBJ level.

ok now say I want to make some squash and stretch to the entire body of my charachter.

how could i do this?

is correct to have each piece of geometry in variuos geometryOP or it should be better to have it all in a single SOP?? if so, how can i parent various parts of my character to his bones(that are at the OBJ level)?

thanks!

ps. sorry for my english, i'm italian

I have a robot model, so no soft skinning is required, i just want to parent each piece of geometry to his bones. so i have many geomety operators with pieces of geometry that i will parent to the bones at the OBJ level.

ok now say I want to make some squash and stretch to the entire body of my charachter.

how could i do this?

The best way is to put the geometry inside the Bone objects themselves. Wire it into the second input of the Bone SOP and turn on Show Proxy Geometry.

For a global squash/stretch, what about just scaling your root object of all the bones?

If you want to do some more complicated global deformation effect, I think you will need to create a new object that uses the Object Merge SOP to merge in all your proxy geometry. Make sure your Transform Object is ".". Now you can just apply whatever SOPs you want. You render this instead.