Animate Restlength Using Breakthreshold Attribute

sadboy

I made a vellum sim that takes uses an infection solver to transfer breakthreshold throughout the welded points. Is there a way to scale (using restlength maybe?) the pieces that have a breakthreshold attribute of 0, dynamically as they break away from their neighbours.

My previous approach was to use transform pieces, however it does not seem like the best idea. (it doesnt work either)

Any help will be much appreciated!

FXTD_016_VELLUM_vellum_tear_system_001.03_ark.hipnc

Yelling into the void here. But I found an answer to my question. Maybe this will help someone in the future.

If you want to transfer over a restscale(or any other constraint property) that is animated/attribtransfered within a SOPsolver. You will first need to bind a primid attribute from the vellum geo to the vellum constraint primitives. This ensures that vellum wont get confused if there is a changing primnum. Then within the vellum constraint property node you need to get the primid from the dop data, and then get the attribute you are looking to drive restscale(or whatever you are using).

int primn = findattribval(1,"prim", "primid", @primid);
float i = prim(1,'frame_fit',primn);

restscale = restscale-i;

I hope this helps someone in the future.