Vellum some stitches broken

Robse

Dear od|force community,

I created a simple vellum setup in order to build upon this for a future project, but I was encountering some weird stitching behaviour. Do you guys have any idea, why some of the cloth panels are not connected to the rest? I can't figure it out :(

Best regards,
Robin

vellum_stitches.PNG

stitches.hip

Thanks a ton Noobini for your quick response! I have to take some time with your file today :) I tested having the stitches first and the cloth sop after and the other way round. Both created the same results. Even though your method does the job perfectly, I still wonder why my approach gives me stitches for the first few panels and after 4 panels it does not apply the stitches anymore...?! Where is the logic?

12 hours ago, Robse said:

Thanks a ton Noobini for your quick response! I have to take some time with your file today :) I tested having the stitches first and the cloth sop after and the other way round. Both created the same results. Even though your method does the job perfectly, I still wonder why my approach gives me stitches for the first few panels and after 4 panels it does not apply the stitches anymore...?! Where is the logic?

it is very odd now that I had a second look.

The secret sauce is the sizey of your grid, yours is 0.9, mine is 1.0. (i also left my stitch at default prims instead of points, no group needed)

At certain size, it refuses to work, tried it with weld, same thing.

However, if you use glue it works for all sizes.

why glue works for all sizes when stitch/weld don't, i don't know...maybe go log a bug with SESI.