break dop constraints in python dop solver

catchyid

Hi, 

I am using Script solver inside a DOP RBD bullet sim, I was able to change velocities of individual RBD packed objects, however I don't know how to access/modify constraints network parameters (e.g strength, add/remove broken group, etc.)? The constraint network in defined globally "Relationships" subdata (i.e. not attached to each object), below is the code I am trying to write :

from __future__ import with_statement

def solveForObjects( solver_data, new_dop_objects, existing_dop_objects, time, timestep):

dopsim = solver_data.simulation()
    relationships   = dopsim.findRelationship("constraintnetwork1")
    constraintsnetwork = relationships.findSubData("constraintnetwork") # geometry lives inside 'constraintnetwork' subdata
    geo = constraintsnetwork.findSubData("Geometry") #that works, but it's not a hou.Geometry that can be edited!
    with    constraintsnetwork.editableGeometry() as geo: #error: AttributeError: 'DopData' object has no attribute 'editableGeometry
        #.... do something here

image.thumb.png.d7008f442258175d1f1854fe626f1259.png

image.thumb.png.764cef8109e8270498a689a6987a40d1.png

• 9 months later...
On 2020/11/29 at 11:34 AM, catchyid said:

Hi, 

I am using Script solver inside a DOP RBD bullet sim, I was able to change velocities of individual RBD packed objects, however I don't know how to access/modify constraints network parameters (e.g strength, add/remove broken group, etc.)? The constraint network in defined globally "Relationships" subdata (i.e. not attached to each object), below is the code I am trying to write :

def solveForObjects( solver_data, new_dop_objects, existing_dop_objects, time, timestep):

dopsim = solver_data.simulation()
    relationships   = dopsim.findRelationship("constraintnetwork1")
    constraintsnetwork = relationships.findSubData("constraintnetwork") # geometry lives inside 'constraintnetwork' subdata
    geo = constraintsnetwork.findSubData("Geometry") #that works, but it's not a hou.Geometry that can be edited!
    with    constraintsnetwork.editableGeometry() as geo: #error: AttributeError: 'DopData' object has no attribute 'editableGeometry
        #.... do something here

image.thumb.png.d7008f442258175d1f1854fe626f1259.png

image.thumb.png.764cef8109e8270498a689a6987a40d1.png

u should just modify some code,like this:

def solveForObjects(solver_data, new_dop_objects, existing_dop_objects, time, timestep):
    frame=time/timestep
    sim=solver_data.simulation()
    cnst_rel=sim.findRelationship('constraintnetwork1')

for dop_object in existing_dop_objects:
        with cnst_rel.editableGeometry('constraintnetwork/Geometry') as geo_cnst:
            for prim in geo_cnst.prims():
                if(prim.attribValue('angle')>.2):
                    prim.setAttribValue('constraint_name','Glue')