SOP Solver/SOPNet inside DOPs

MoltenCrazy

Working through a prototype in which RBD fragments erode as they sim and are deleted after hitting a volume threshold. Already know I'm probably overdoing it with the VDB approach, but just want to get this working...

I'd like the sim to update each frame with the eroded geo, so I have the for-loop embedded in the DOPnet via a SOPSolver/SOPnet combo (SOPSolver references the SOPNet as an external SOP).

Everything works fine inside the SOPnet, and the reference via the SOPSolver looks fine, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it's not working...multisolver doesn't seem to help, either.

Anyone have any thoughts?

VDB Erosion v0001a - OUT.hiplc

Edited by MoltenCrazy
Updated file...

Hi, Librarian...primitives are added to the erode group based on non-zero acceleration. The motion on the fragments doesn't begin until frame 22 (I think), so the group is technically empty until then. Wanted to have an external attr in the mix, although would probably be 'active' most of the time.

And if anyone knows why there is an acceleration 'blip' on a handful of primitives at frame 2, I'd be thrilled. Have seen this with the accel attr before on frame 2 and am totally baffled by it.

Edited by MoltenCrazy