How can add a velocity to objects after a file cache to can use motion blur (in Redshift) ?

Hi guys, I've already an objects rigid body simulation in a file cache.

But I forgot to transfer v and w attributes in the output part of the RBD Bullet solver, and I need them to render with a motion blur in Redshift...

How can add a velocity to my objects after the file cache ? Because the simulation take hours and I try to don't recalculate it !

Can you help me please? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Foxhound said:

Trail Sop -> compute velocity -> Redshift Rop -> enable Motion blur :)

on the other hand you could do it with volumes but this method should suffice.

Hi!

Well, with the Trail sop, I can see the v values in the spreadsheet, but Redshift doesn't render motion blur!

I've all enable (motion blur, mesh deformations blur and instances/particles blur) and nothing happen!

What's the problem? I don't understand, if I've velocity I can have motion blur normally...

Just another precision, all my objects (rigid body balls) come from a copytopoints after a popnet.

And my birth rate isn't the same all the time, it changes and fall to 0 after 30s of animation, is it a problem for the final motion blur?

Any idea?

Ok, what you could do is check the redshift tab of your geo (obj level), there should be a checkbox for motionblur, especially one to use with the v attribute. then inside the redshiftrop check out if you have the tick on on motionblur to use the v attribute. Alternatively send a screenshot of your settings both in the RS geo tab and RS Rop.

32 minutes ago, Foxhound said:

Ok, what you could do is check the redshift tab of your geo (obj level), there should be a checkbox for motionblur, especially one to use with the v attribute. then inside the redshiftrop check out if you have the tick on on motionblur to use the v attribute. Alternatively send a screenshot of your settings both in the RS geo tab and RS Rop.

I think all is enable (see the screen shots), and I need to use "mesh deformations blur from v attrib" to have a motion blur, but it's not accurate, some objects are blurred even if they don't move (I checked few objects that doesn't move during at least 5 frames!).

How can I have a "real" motion blur ?

And thanks a lot for your help!

Screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for this late answer... Finally I used "mesh deformations blur from v attrib" even if it's not a "real" motion blur, but it's a good compromise, I don't any time to rebuild a new scene !

Thanks a lot for your help !