FLIP Collision with Alembic.

forbidden14

Hi all, 

I've been combing the forums trying to get some fluid to stay in this fairly fast moving alembic animation which I think I've converted to proper polygons.  

I'm wondering how to make the fluid stick with the alembic container (martini glass) while still maintaining some sort of fluidity.  As of right now it ghosts through my collision vdb on a faster move.  I've tried fiddling with a number of properties like the resolution of the collider VDB / particle scale / particle separation / seeding / attribute transfers , but I fear I've just checked something I shouldn't have somewhere along the way.  Excuse my novice ways and feel free to school me on better workflows.  

Any advice or solutions much appreciated.   Thanks in advance. 

Flip_test.zip

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm not any expert with this stuff by any means, but if you think about it, how much fluidity would you actually see in a fast moving object / glass? Especially one, with an open top like a martini glass. I would imagine, a lot the liquid would most certainly splash out. 

Maybe one reason why the liquid isn't respecting the collision is due to the animation moving too fast. Could be a number of things. To help combat that, I would suggest slowing down the animation by some factor in order to get the liquid to stay in the glass. Then retime everything back up to it's original speed. Either that, or maybe play around with adding a drag force or both. 

Also, check to see if your collision object is setup properly. Entagma has a tutorial that covers adding liquid to a glass with an ice cube. Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but could possibly help with determining or fixing your collisions. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6SQPc961ZE&ab_channel=Entagma

I suggest going to your animation options and unchecking integer frame playback and set your rate to 0.1 or so.

Check to see if the alembic file is actually moving during subframes or if its just jumping frame to frame.

If it isn't moving during the subframes you can use a timeblend node to interpolate the inbetweens.

Hope this helps.