distance from geometry help

Hi! 

I'm just starting to work with the distance from geometry node and would like to scatter a number of points over a grid of cubes based on the distance to the camera. 

I am running into two maybe easy to fix issues. As far as I know the DFG node (distance from geometry) creates a attribute named "dist" I would like to use that attribute in a series of adjustments made to the cubes.
Now I can call on "dist" with the "@dist" expression but I dont know how to use that in a node such as scatter. 

Secondly I am looking for higher values closer to the reference object. Using DFG without adjustment gives higher values to objects furhter away. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

-Thomas 

This is perfect thank you. Distance from geometry is starting to make a lot more sense. 
So I'm seeing how to cast @dist to the example pscale. But would it be possible to cast it to a float in a FOR EACH? so that I could for example adjust the max density of a scatter node based on the proximity of a grid of packed cubes? 

So lets say a grid of 10 cubes, for each cube check the distance to the camera and scatter a maximum of 1.000 points over the closest and a minumum of 200 points over the cube most far away.