dof COP

Installation:

1. Render out the mantra1 output driver to produce a deep raster pic. I rendered out P, Pz, and N. I think you only really need P or Pz for DOF but I wanted to test out the Lighting COP with it too.

2. Fix the File COP to point at the rendered image and hit the reload button

Explanation:

From what I figured out, it seems that the DOF COP generates an M (for mask) plane to represent the DOF info. However, it seems to have some scaling problems. So what I did was used an Equalize COP to make it brighter and then blurred the M plane some more to take out some of the edge artifacts. After that, I used another blur cop this time using Accurate Mask blur to blur the image according to the massaged M plane. For clarity, I colored the network tiles yellow which operate on the M plane.

dof.zip

Hey Dante,

Did you have to adjust the near and far planes in your camera to

best optimize the depth of field before rendering? I know I have to do this when creatingshadow maps...can't get to houdini at this very moment to

try it out..

I have wanted to dive into deep raster...now I gotta dive in!

thanks,

david

daland:

No, I didn't do anything with the camera. I didn't bother since this was light geometry anyhow. It's true that if you optimizing the near/far planes, you can get faster render times in general but it's not needed.

danteA is short for dante allegria so dante is my name. :)

dante